Monday, February 22, 2010

A University Summer.

Ah, a university summer is a wonderful thing. Firstly, we have a blissful 3 months without the undergrads making for a very quiet and mostly relaxing time. During the Christmas break we get the lab cleaned up and looking great and have a very relaxing time pacing ourselves with our paperwork.

Then comes the first week back of the students and the joy that is young women dressed for summer. Whew! I am a happily married man but I still appreciate the beauty that is the female form. And let me tell you that there is a LOT of female form to be appreciated at QUT right now. I have to remind myself that I am old enough to be a father to most of the women in first year! (There's also the problem of me being married, faithful and fat enough that most of them would rather gnaw their own arms off.) I also have to wonder what I would think if any of them were my daughter and they dressed like some of them are today. Would I let them out of the house? And does that kind of thinking make a Grumpy Old Man (TM)?

At any rate, I do very much enjoy the view here at Uni during summer. It really is very pleasing...

3 comments:

  1. I believe the term is "Easy on the Eyes"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a grumpy old man when you don't appreciate it. Also, I can totally see you wearing this costume: http://failblog.org/2010/02/24/dad-win/

    ReplyDelete