Friday, February 5, 2010

Blood Bowl!!!!!

So last night I took it upon myself to show Medway how to play Blood Bowl. After recommendations from both myself and Greg to get the PC game and play, he explained to me that there were aspects of that game he found confusing. So I explained to him that he should play the boardgame and it would show him what was happening in the PC version.

Last night wound up as a good time to do that as the rest of the guys were finishing their 40K game so Medway and I collected up the stuff and headed off to a quiet corner to play.

He took Humans (a nice, generic team) and I took Necromantic (Werewolves, Frankensteins, Zombies, oh my!). Then he proceeded to wipe the floor with me. I helped him a lot with hints and tips so as to help him score but he rolled like a demon while my rolls were pretty sucky. He smashed my team around and I just couldn't do anything right. But at the end of the night I didn't care and I had a good time playing. Medway seemed to enjoy it too.

But at the end of it all I realised just how much I miss playing the game. Yes, I have the PC version but for me its really just not the same. The PC version is cool and all but really I love painting the figures (with a maximum of 16 players per team it's easy to get them done) and I just love the feel of moving them around the board and rolling dice. I need to try and find a way of playing it more often. I just wish that Ags and Draco were into it as we could have a great little 6-person mini-league. If only I could find more players and a little more time...

2 comments:

  1. Btw, have you seen this team?

    http://privateerpressforums.com/showpost.php?p=153579&postcount=23

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. That's very cool and very wrong all at the same time. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete