Monday, December 14, 2009

Gaming Fun

Yay! Gaming! Since my son's arrival just over 12 months ago my spare time has vanished. I rarely get out of the house on my own more than once a week. So yesterday I managed to get out of the house and get to a Warmachine/Hordes tournament, one of my beloved hobbies. The tourney was the "Battle of the Cities" tourney which pits Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and Toowoomba against each other (Logan claims its a city, but do bogans really count as part of the population? ;) ) in an annual event. It was really fun. Last year I played Cygnar but this year, for a change, I decided to play Mercenaries. My first list was a Magnus the Traitor list and the second was a Searforge Dwarf list. Mostly I played the Searforge list because I could field The Bear in it (yep, a giant bear) as well as giant, steam-powered magical robots.

A twist for this tourney was that you got tourney points for making successful Power Attacks with your Warjacks/Warbeasts and for making enemy units flee. I did pretty well. I won two and lost two. Ironically, the two I won were with the Searforge list and the two I lost were with the Magnus list. Go figure. But every game I played was fun and that's what it's all about IMO.

The main thing was, though, that I managed to get out and have a great time yesterday and managed to be me again for a while rather than just being "Dad" or "Husband". Its important and I look forward to doing giving my wife the same chance this coming weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Good work, Kel! Like I said, I wish I was there.

    Stupid work party making me drink free alcohol while playing lawn bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'll learn you for wanting to drink free piss and eat free food!

    ReplyDelete